Wednesday, June 8, 2011

13 May 2011 Portofino






Now this was the most beautiful place that I have ever been to. Portofino exists only as a tourist destination. We arrived to beautiful views of majestic homes castle like homes nestled away high in little hideaways. Cobbled stone streets and definitely the best ice cream I have ever tasted and I have tasted alot of ice cream.

Our day started with having breakfast on the ship at around 8am The ship anchored about 500 meters from the town. I just sat and took in all the beauty around me. At about 9.15 we headed off to take a tender to set foot in Portofino. We first tasted the ice cream and yes it was the best!

We decided that we would hike to the next town, only about an hours hike...well thats if youre fit and consider climbing up steps that are never ending hiking and just when you reach the top and you think it cant go any higher it does...a hike for me means a nice walk along a winding path not stepping especially when you are wearing sandles with zero support. So once we reached the top and looked down on stunning views we decided we will head back down the steps and expolre the other side of Portofino that was a flatter route but not before we sat and had delicious espresso in a quaint little cafe. I purchased Jason a T Shirt as it was his birthday and I also found a darling bracelet for my mom and sister.


We then headed back and caught the next tender to the ship and proceeded to eat an enormous lunch I was famished and I ate pasta and a burger and fruit and dessert it was a feast. Now I was ready to hit Portifino and walk to the lighthouse go see the cathederal and Castello brown and off course come back and enjoy a swim in the med and some watersports with my gorgeous man.

An unbelievably beautiful walk and much better than the morning one still alot of steps though seriously dont know how some of the locals carry there grogeries as there are only walk ways to their homes. After a long day of walking I headed to the Spa and had a foot massage, then met Andre for dinner. We joined an american couple we had met Hap & Helen. It was barbeque night and as we sailed out of Portofino we enjoyed the beauty and celebrated a glorious day.

The eveing was spent being entertained by the crew it was concert night and we had loads of fun watching those who had waited on us perform and show their hidden talents! Headed off to bed exhausted but exhilarated at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds beautiful! Love all those colourful places and the ice-cream! Yum!

    ReplyDelete