Saturday, December 27, 2014

2014 ...Goodbye its been one hell of a year

As 2014 draws to a close, I cannot believe I am still working, haha so much for having a job with the benefits of school holidays! Hopefully I will wrap uo everything by Monday and then I will take a well deserved break until the 12th of January. Looking back on 2014.....
We started the year with Jesse's 16th birthday!
Jason was dealt a blow with his health and had to delay his studies. He has bravely walked this year and made the most of the opportunity writing beautiful worship songs, and serving at Commonground, and working really hard as a waiter at Peddlar's and then Jakes.
It's been an awesome year for Ashleigh, first her coming of age and then graduating on the 18th of December. She is growing up into the most beautiful young lady. We have walked a long road the last four years. But she is starting to shine. She moves into her final year at UCT doing her Honours. I am immensly proud of the strong beautiful woman is growing up to be. I pray daily that God will draw her to Himself and continue to to protect and love her as only He can do In April my good friend Debi last Darren to cancer. It was the saddest week of my year. How do you walk alongside a friend who has lost her first born son. It has been a difficult journey but God has been gracious to Debbie and her beautiful family whom I have grown to love and care for more deeply this year. Kimmy and I have had a lot of fun this year since they moved to Cape Town. We still have a long road to walk. I love you Debi, you have a strong and gentle spirit. I will continue to walk this journey of grace with you....He has so much still planned for your amazing family.
May we celebrated Jason's 20th birthday. God has done a lot in this young man's life this year. He is recovering everyday from the two awful grand mal seizures he suffered in January and March. He has become responsible for his health, he has worked hard and God has a wonderful future planned for him.
July holidays came and we had a fantastic week away in Knysna with my sister and Byron.
August saw my gorgeous man turning 51. September 1st we celebrated 24 years together with a surprise romantic getaway. He took my breathe away planning the most wonderful getaway to Stanford. We celebrated my birthday in style with a High Tea just for ladies. We also had the boys going off to a Grade 10 dance and then Jason to another matric dance.
October and November flew by with lots of work to do at school. A Pastel programmed that was deleted by an intern, and then a disaster when it was reinstalled to find out everything in Petty Cash had been captured wrong. I have been furiously working to get everything finished by Monday. Then I am officially going to take two weeks holiday. Almost there busy on August month. Christmas was fun! See a previous blog on how we got it right this year!!!
We will be going to camp at Beaverlac for the 31st and 1st of January. I hate camping but for once I am actually looking forward to getting away from it all. No computer no cell phones NO WORK!!!!!
So bring on 2015 I do not know how we got here so quickly. It has been a crazy and beautiful year. Thank you Lord for your grace and favour over the Blignaut family. We love to do life together with you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment