Sunday, September 28, 2014

On the eve of my 48th Birthday

So as I contemplate another year I decided to make a gratitude list of 48 things I am grateful for. These thoughts are not in any specific order but just as they came to mind! 1. I am grateful I have life. 2. I am grateful that God has chosen to love me 3. I am grateful that I am part of a royal priesthood, a chosen generation 4. I am grateful for a loving husband 5. I am grateful for three amazing children 6. I am grateful that my Mom is still alive to bless me on my birthday 7. I am grateful for a home to live in 8. I am grateful for food on our table everyday 9. I am grateful for a dish washer 10. I am grateful that I have a great job 11. I am grateful for my car 12. I am grateful for my friends 13. I am grateful for the beautiful city I live in 14. I am grateful for freedom to worship the God I love 15. I am grateful that I have a deep relationship with my Creator 16. I am grateful that I have learned to call him “Abba Father” 17. I am grateful for the bursaries that my children have received for their education 18. I am grateful for good health 19. I am grateful that I had a loving earthy father 20. I am grateful that my parents allowed me to make my own choices 21. I am grateful that I have a sister and a brother 22. I am grateful for a jealous husband who always protects me and looks out for me 23. I am grateful that he always has my interests at heart 24. I am grateful that my children respect me 25. I am grateful for music 26. I am grateful that I am meeting friends from other cultures 27. I am grateful for God’s protection over the children at our school 28. I am grateful for domestic help once a week 29. I am grateful for the ability to think and reason 30. I am grateful for Kimmy Mitchell and all that she teaches me about life and being yourself everyday 31. I am grateful that I can read 32. I am grateful that I can feel the fresh breeze on my skin 33. I am grateful that I have a beautiful garden where I can spend time meditating on God’s word. 34. I am grateful for the cross and the salvation of my soul 35. I am grateful for my warm bed 36. I am grateful for beautiful clothes 37. I am grateful for Nelson Mandela and others who fought for our freedom 38. I am grateful friends who pray for me 39. I am grateful for each new sunrise 40. I am grateful for the health of my children 41. I am grateful for good leadership at our church 42. I am grateful for an inspirational boss 43. I am grateful for genuine deep friendships that challenge and grow me 44. I am grateful for all the children in my life 45. I am grateful for friends who have helped me to raise my children 46. I am grateful for the peace of a good nights sleep 47. I am grateful that God’s mercies are new every morning 48. I am grateful that I have been given another year to have an impact for His Kingdom

1 comment: